Sicily Culinary Tour Landing
SICILY CULINARY TOUR
Known for centuries as the crossroads of the Mediterranean, Sicily produces food and wine as alluring as its storied history. Join me, Rosetta Costantino, cookbook author of "My Calabria", and "Southern Italian Desserts", cooking teacher and experienced guide, along with my husband Lino, a native of Palermo, Sicily, as we take you on an insider’s tour of Western Sicily. We will search local markets for fresh, seasonal ingredients from land and sea, learn to cook regional specialties, enjoy meals prepared by fabulous local chefs, and of course, sample and learn about the regional wines that match the deep flavors of the food. We will begin in the wine country area of Menfi, staying at the Foresteria Planeta Estate, which is beautifully situated in the middle of its vineyards. From here we will take excursions to Selinunte, Marsala, Castelvetrano, and Erice. Then it’s on to the ancient city of Palermo. Here, we will explore colorful street markets and historic buildings and introduce you to the best that Palermo has to offer. The group is limited to 18 participants.
This 8-day culinary immersion features:
- Visits to the salt flats near Trapani and the historic cellars in Marsala. Tours of the archeological ruins of Selinunte and Segesta.
- Excursions to top producers of wines, olive oil, and pastries.
- Hands on cooking classes featuring the best of the local products, taught by local chefs.
- All meals, including dinners featuring a range of carefully selected regional dishes.
Stays at two locations:
1. La Foresteria Planeta Estate. This elegant resort is set in its own vineyards in the Menfi wine country. Facilities include beautiful rooms with private terraces, a pool, a restaurant, and a cooking school facility.
2. Grand Hotel Wagner. This beautiful five star hotel in the heart of Palermo’s historic district is close to theaters, shopping, and other attractions.
State of California Seller of Travel # 2125765-40
The price of the Sicily tour for 2020 is $5,200 USD per person based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $800.
Tour is limited to 18 guests. Reservations are secured by deposit on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Airfare to and from Palermo International Airport
- Travel insurance
- Shopping and personal expenses
- Drinks or other cocktails not included in the itinerary
- Tips for the bus driver (it is customary to tip the bus driver after the tour if you have been happy with the service)
- All other expenses incurred during free time
- 8 days, 7 nights in a double-occupancy room
- All meals throughout the tour, including wine at each meal
- Group airport transfers
- Private driver throughout tour
- Three hands-on-cooking classes, two at Foresteria Planeta and one in Erice at Maria's Grammatico cooking school
- Winery visits with tasting of wines
- Visit to olive oil estate with tasting of olive oils
- Travel to the Via Del Sale to tour the historic saltworks and tasting included
- Visit Maria Grammatico's pasticceria and watch her pastry-making demo
- Tours of Palermo and Monreale with private guide
- Day trips to Marsala, Erice, Segesta, Selinunte
- Entry into all museums, parks and archaeological sites
- Souvenir apron and recipes
- Farewell dinner party