CALABRIA FOR WINE LOVERS -- OVERVIEW
September 18 - 26, 2018
Join me, Rosetta Costantino, cookbook author and experienced guide, as we travel to my native Calabria to discover the indigenous grapes grown only in Calabria and to taste the extraordinary wines made from them. A master sommelier will accompany us throughout the tour to answer your questions and offer her expertise to fully enrich your experience.
We'll cross Calabria, tasting wines from the Pollino mountains in the north, spending time in Calabria’s largest wine region, Cirò, before heading to the inside wine region of Cosenza and Lamezia, then south to Reggio Calabria at Italy’s tippy-toe. You’ll get to know the owners and winemakers at the acclaimed Ippolito, Ceraudo, Statti, Lento, Serracavallo, Librandi, Ferrocinto, Tramontana, and Cantine Viola wineries. In addition, we’ll serve outstanding Calabrian wines from wineries that we’re not visiting.
Award-winning wines will be hand-picked to pair with our scrumptious dishes. Meals will highlight local specialties at awesome Calabrian spots, including a celebrated Michelin-starred restaurant, a wine-aging cave and, weather permitting, in vineyards at a stunning table set just for us. Our accommodations will include a stay at a beautiful private estate in Cirò and then in a castle amidst olive groves and vineyards. Southern Italian art, history and culture will be sprinkled throughout the tour.
Discover Calabria through its wines, food, art and scenery…and prepare to fall in love!
The group is limited to 16 participants.
This 9-day exclusive guided wine tour features:
- Visits to nine top wineries of Calabria along with a sommelier as our guide
- Exclusive wine tastings at the wineries we visit, as well as wineries we’re not visiting, extending the tasting experience to a total of 18 Calabrian wineries
- All meals, breakfast, lunches and dinners
- Visit to Pecorino Crotonese cheesemaker and best 'Nduja producer in Spilinga
- Tours of the Rossano Museum and Reggio's National Archeological Museum with private guide
State of California Seller of Travel # 2125765-40