Calabria culinary tour
8-Day Calabria Culinary Tour
September 19 - September 26, 2017
Join me, Rosetta Costantino, cookbook author of "My Calabria", popular cooking teacher and experienced guide, as we travel off the beaten path to the toe of Italy’s boot ... to my native Calabria. We will begin in the countryside of Corigliano Calabro, at an elegant agriturismo situated in the middle of a full working farm near the Ionian Sea. Here we will enjoy our welcome dinner, a cooking class, a tour of the farm, and observe them make cheese. Then it’s on to the dazzling west coast, to a cliffside hotel in Cetraro with its own organic farm, for another class. Finally, head south to a five star resort near Tropea, where you’ll attend another cooking class using the local specialties.The group is limited to 18 participants.
This 8-day trip features:
- Guided tours to some of Calabria's most charming towns
- Excursions to top producers of olive oil, cheese, salumi and wines
- Three hands-on cooking classes learning local specialties
- All meals, including dinners at some the region’s best restaurants
Stays at three locations:
1. Il Mulino Relais. Enjoy the hospitality of this elegant agriturismo located in the countryside of Corigliano Calabro. Facilities include beautiful rooms in the country farmhouse, a pool, and an organic farm that provides fresh produce for its well-established restaurant.
2. Grand Hotel San Michele.Perched on a cliff overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea, this top hotel surrounds itself with an organic farm, providing the hotel with fresh produce for its meals.
3. Hotel Porto Pirgos. Near Tropea, a seaside town, this five-star resort is nestled in a grove of eucalyptus and olive trees. Originally a residence for a noble family, it has been converted into an 18-room luxury hotel directly on the sea, with its own private beach. A stay of enchanting rest and relaxation will round out the trip.
State of California Seller of Travel # 2125765-40