culinary tour 1 product landing
Calabria for wine lovers
Join me, Rosetta Costantino, cookbook author and experienced guide, as we travel to my native Calabria to discover the indigenous grapes grown only in Calabria and to taste the extraordinary wines made from them. A master sommelier will accompany us throughout the tour to answer your questions and offer her expertise to fully enrich your experience.
We'll cross Calabria, tasting wines from the Pollino mountains in the north, spending time in Calabria’s largest wine region, Cirò, before heading to the inside wine region of Cosenza and Lamezia, then south to Reggio Calabria at Italy’s tippy-toe. You’ll get to know the owners and winemakers at the acclaimed Ippolito, Ceraudo, Statti, Lento, Serracavallo, Librandi, Ferrocinto, Tramontana, and Cantine Viola wineries. In addition, we’ll serve outstanding Calabrian wines from wineries that we’re not visiting.
Award-winning wines will be hand-picked to pair with our scrumptious dishes. Meals will highlight local specialties at awesome Calabrian spots, including a celebrated Michelin-starred restaurant, a wine-aging cave and, weather permitting, in vineyards at a stunning table set just for us. Our accommodations will include a stay at a beautiful private estate in Cirò and then in a castle amidst olive groves and vineyards. Southern Italian art, history and culture will be sprinkled throughout the tour.
Discover Calabria through its wines, food, art and scenery…and prepare to fall in love!
The group is limited to 16 participants.
The price of the tour for 2020 is $4,995 USD per person based on double occupancy. A limited number of single rooms are available for a supplement of $800.
Tour is limited to 16 guests. Reservations are secured by deposit on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Airfare to and from Italy, including to and from Lamezia Terme International Airport in Calabria
- Travel insurance
- Shopping and personal expenses
- Drinks or other cocktails not included in the itinerary
- Tips for the bus driver (it is customary to tip the bus driver after the tour if you have been happy with the service)
- All other expenses incurred during free time
- 9 days, 8 nights in a double-occupancy room in luxury boutique hotels
- Visits to nine top wineries of Calabria along with a sommelier as our guide
- Exclusive tastings of wines made from indigenous grape varieties at the wineries we visit, as well as wineries we’re not visiting, extending the tasting experience to a total of 18 Calabrian wineries
- Private bus to and from the Lamezia Terme Airport and to all destinations during the trip
- All meals throughout the tour, including wine at each meal (featuring various wine appellations)
- Group airport transfers
- Tour of the Archeological Museum of Reggio Calabria, Bronzes of Riace with private guide
- Visit and walking tour of the medieval town of Altomonte
- Tour of Rossano Museum with private guide
- Visit Pizzo Calabro
- Tartufo di Pizzo tasting
- Visit Tropea
- Visits to top producers of wine, nduja and pecorino crotonese cheese
- Farewell winemaker dinner party
“The trip to Calabria was a fabulous experience, perfectly organized. The range of experiences, foods, wines, and areas visited is wonderful. And the best part of the trip is Rosetta and Lino! A not to be missed experience for all those who wish to discover more of Italy.” J. Kaplan
“Seeing the town where my ancestors came from was a dream come true. For me, the culinary tour was a "Roots" trip with the bonus of eating and cooking along the way. I can't thank you enough...the trip was so much more than I ever hoped or expected.” Karen, San Francisco