Sicily culinary tour
8-Day Sicily Culinary Tour with Cooking Classes
September 30 - October 7, 2018
Known for centuries as the crossroads of the Mediterranean, Sicily produces food and wine as alluring as its storied history. Join me, Rosetta Costantino, cookbook author of "My Calabria", and "Southern Italian Desserts", cooking teacher and experienced guide, along with my husband Lino, a native of Palermo, Sicily, as we take you on an insider’s tour of Western Sicily. We will search local markets for fresh, seasonal ingredients from land and sea, learn to cook regional specialties, enjoy meals prepared by fabulous local chefs, and of course, sample and learn about the regional wines that match the deep flavors of the food. We will begin in the wine country area of Menfi, staying at the Foresteria Planeta Estate, which is beautifully situated in the middle of its vineyards. From here we will take excursions to Selinunte, Marsala, Castelvetrano, and Erice. Then it’s on to the ancient city of Palermo. Here, we will explore colorful street markets and historic buildings and introduce you to the best that Palermo has to offer. The group is limited to 18 participants.
The 8-day trip features:
- Visits to the salt flats near Trapani and the historic cellars in Marsala. Tours of the archeological ruins of Selinunte and Segesta.
- Excursions to top producers of wines, olive oil, and pastries.
- Hands on cooking classes featuring the best of the local products, taught by local chefs.
- All meals, including dinners featuring a range of carefully selected regional dishes.
Stays at two locations:
1. La Foresteria Planeta Estate. This elegant resort is set in its own vineyards in the Menfi wine country. Facilities include beautiful rooms with private terraces, a pool, a restaurant, and a cooking school facility.
2. Grand Hotel Wagner. This beautiful five-star hotel in the heart of Palermo’s historic district is close to theaters, shopping, and other attractions.
State of California Seller of Travel # 2125765-40